Monday, July 28, 2008

On the Road Again!

Hello Readers!

It has been many moons since I have last posted to this blog. But there will be a flurry of posts over the coming days as we head out on the road again as a family for yet another fun-filled and sure to be wildly exiting camping trip.

The first step in this journey was to get my boss to agree to the time off. She did and so we are heading out tonight. The camper is almost packed. The kids clothes are in, and the food is in. I still have to put out my clothes and Charlie's. They are all packed, just not moved to into the camper. The canoe is tied to the roof. We are almost ready.

Last year when we travelled to Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Bryce Canyon and Arches (scroll back to last summer to read the posts on that trip) we learned that the best plan is to actually have very loosely defined plans. That said, we are planning to go up to Glacier National Park, then head west and hit the Northern Cascade Mountains. We are leaving tonight after I get these dinner dishes (and this blog post) finished. We are going to get to I-15 as quickly as possible, then just head north as quickly as possible. We will have to stop for the night tonight--I have no idea yet where that will be. If we get as far as Zion National Park tonight, I'll be thrilled. The plan, as I write this, is to head out of Phoenix going north on I-17 and then hop on State Route 89 and pick up I-15 outside of Zion National Park. If I have access to wi fi, and any energy left at all, I will post tonight and let you know where we are.

The fighting about who is sitting where has already begun, so I better wrap this up, finish those dishes and get moving. Wish us luck!

No comments: