Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A morning in Utah


Well, here we are still in Brigham City. I got a lot accomplished this morning. The camper is organized--finally. I did a load of laundry, all kids are showered, and we ate breakfast and I got yesterday's pictures uploaded. Here is one of our budding naturalist Mike in Zion National Park.


It is morning and the kids are currently having a raging argument over who will be sleeping where tonight. I am doing my best to ignore it.


Last night in my post there was something notable I forgot to mention. Kenab Utah. I know, I know...you are thinking why is she going to waste my time blogging about Kenab Utah? Well, there is a good reason. Anyone of you readers who is ever planning to visit one of the many National Parks in the Southern Utah area, will probably find yourself rolling through Kenab at some point. (And I would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to visit some of the parks near Kenab. Zion, Capital Reef, Canyonlands, Grand Staircase/Escalante, Arches, Bryce Canyon are all in this area, and they are such great learning experiences for kids.) So back to Kenab. We have been to Kenab before, at dinnertime and we stopped at a place called Grandma Tina's and despite it's wildly promising name, the food was disappointing. Well, yesterday morning we had the opposite experience in Kenab. We went to a place for breakfast called Huston's Trails' End Restaurant. It was by almost all accounts the single best breakfast food I have ever had in a restaurant. They biscuits and gravy are the real thing to write home about. They biscuits are light fluffy and homemade--not like the heavy fast food ones--and although I'm not a real fan of that sausage gravy that typically goes on biscuits--THIS gravy was totally amazing. The pancakes were light fluffy and just perfect. The only things that were not right were that they did not have actual half and half for coffee, only non-dairy creamer--that was a big let down in a place where everything else was so great. Here is a link with pictures of Huston's.




We are going to be getting on the road the minute the laundry is finished its dry cycle. Here is a picture of some of yesterday's fun in Utah.


1 comment:

Rita Dynan said...

Hi Tina,

The trip is so exciting, I read the blog every day - what do the kids have to do to get the junior ranger badge? Again.....more pics please!!
Rita