Monday, July 2, 2007

Flagstaff, AZ

July 1
Written at the Flagstaff KOA, Flagstaff Arizona 10:52pm

We finally got on the road at just before 5pm. Claire slept the whole way. What a blessed relief from the heat this is. It can’t be more than maybe 72 or 73 degrees out. It is dry though. So dry, in fact, that there are not open flames of any kind allowed (because of the high danger of wild fire.) So that meant our plans of barbequing dinner were off. So instead we ate hot dogs and beans.
This campground has very narrow campsites, so we are pretty close to the folks on either side. As I was making dinner I was thinking to myself, the Kennedys, the Bushes and the Hiltons of the world have never had a vacation like this. This is a vacation for people with friends in low places. The kids are having a blast so that makes it worth it. I’m anxious to keep truckin’. It has been so long since I have been to Wyoming and I’m really excited about going back. Wyoming is definitely one of my favorite states in the union; topped only perhaps by Florida. I would say my top 5 list of the contiguous 48 (having never been to Alaska and Hawaii yet) would include—but maybe not in this order:
· Florida
· Wyoming
· Montana
· Vermont
· New York
Well time to chill. Hope your weekend was great. Until next post…

2 comments:

Rita said...

I am impressed that Florida is so high on the list. Of course, I know why!!

Rita said...

Tina,

I'm impressed that Florida is so high on the list. Of course, I know why!