Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vacaton planning and backyard landscaping

If you have been reading this blog since its inception (all 4 posts ago) you know that my initial idea for starting this was to report on our upcoming vacation during which we planned to go to Alaska with our kids. Well, when we realized just how much time we'd be spending in the car, we decided this was not the year for that trip. So instead we are now thinking that we will head up to the Wyoming/Montana area and take a trip through Yellowstone. The upside is that this is a do-able vacation for us. The downside is I spent so much time figuring out Alaska that now our vacation is two weeks out and I have no planning done for Yellowstone. So that is on this week's out-of-work-SAP-trainer agenda. Now if only I could find that blasted atlas...

In other news, the backyard landscaping project is well underway. For those of you who don't know, we own a new house. We got a quote from a landscaping company to do the front and back and we told the guy we wanted this most basic package. Are you ready? $17,000. Yes, sevenTEEN-thousand dollars. This guy was smoking something when he put the numbers together. So we are doing the project ourselves. I should say, my husband is doing the project himself, because thus far I have been worthless as far as moving the whole thing forward. Various male relatives have helped out with trenching and laying PVC sprinkler pipe. And they have my sympathy working in Phoenix in June on a landscaping job. For those of you unfamiliar with desert landscaping projects, you have lay an entire irrigation system under the soil for things like grass, trees and shrubs. A ditch-witch is required to do the digging, because the ground is like concrete. I'm planning to take some pictures of this project, and when I have time to research and figure it out, I will post one or two of them here.

I hope the rest of your weekend is fun, relaxing and peaceful,
Tina

No comments: