Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Presentation and the Job Search

Hello all. I found someone interested in working on the conference presentation with me, which is great. The downside is, he is in India. So I don't know that we will ever be able to present the thing together, but we are charging forward nonetheless and I suppose the worst case scenario is that that we can each present it on our own in locations that work for us. We joked that we could present it in places that are equally difficult for us to get to, and I said, OK, we'll limit ourselves to Europe, and the Arun suggested that instead we present the thing while on safari in Africa. Needless to say neither of these things are going to happen, but as Arun said, it is fun to dream.

So moving on to reality. Fact is, I don't have a job right now. I'm working hard on this situation though. I'm applying to jobs on a regular basis now. I'm also using my LinkedIn network to make contacts everyday. Something will happen eventually; it always does. Whenever I get down about looking for a job, I think of all of the incompetent people I have worked with over the years and tell myself, "if that idiot could get a job..." That always reminds me that things will be fine.

So in the meantime, if you know anyone looking for a very competent SAP Training Developer or garden variety instructional designer, let me know.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: